Over the years in my yoga practise, I learnt how to strengthen my awareness of the energy flow in my body and what this creates in my life, through the chakras, whether they are in or out of balance. here's a brief summary
1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
By visualising each colour to the location of each chakras you can step by step visualise each one opening up as you move up to the crown and then close down by stepping down from the crown, to the third-eye, to throat, to heart, solar plexus, sacral and finally root, then a big anchor going right into the centre of the earth to help you ground after opening. This can create balance and flow. You can also say a certain mantra or manifestation statement as you imagine each chakras opening, like planting a seed and see how this can help you move forwards in your life. If you would like to know more please do get in touch.